i. Fundraising: 40% of time
• Actively contributing to set and achieve donor-based income targets and managing resources.
• Assess the funding opportunity thoroughly to ensure the opportunity is aligned with the organization’s focus area and the donor requirements can be fulfilled
• Conduct donor research and analyses donor funding trend to match donor focus with JAAGO’s priority program themes in Bangladesh;
• Analyze the donor submission process and act accordingly
• Contribute to proposal design by brainstorming and researching project activity ideas • Develop proposal and concept notes by coordinating with the relevant teams and programs within the organization and ensuring key actions are delegated;
• Use the Log frame tool effectively for developing Concept Note and Project Proposal • Assist in making budgets and Gantt chart with the support of concerned Program and Finance department;
• Guide the team to prepare additional documents required for donor submission and monitor the submission process.
• Guide the team to prepare due diligence documents by coordinating with the Program and Finance Team
• Identify opportunities for fundraising with in-country institutional donors and private foundations/corporates;
• Share new funding opportunities with the team, supervisor and executive director. • Maintain up to date knowledge on donor funded projects
• Provide support to develop fundraising strategy for the organization.
ii. Grant Management: 35% of time
• Management of the grants on a daily basis to achieve the performance indicators agreed with the donor and in line with the approved Budgets and Work Plans;
• Organizing meetings with staff, following-up on critical issues, prioritizing of strategic issues and working towards progress on institutionalization of activities;
• Participation in recruitment processes of grant personnel and consultants (development of Terms of Reference, participation in short listing of candidates/desk review, acting as a member of the Interview Panel when appointed), providing regular guidance and advice to the grant staff, assessment and evaluation of their performance; provision of on-going feedback to personnel;
• Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the grants, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions
• Guide the team to facilitate the process of signing contracts with the donors; • Maintain donor communication on behalf project implementation teams; • Ensure and support project implementation teams with Project MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning)
• Facilitate visits of donors when necessary
• Constantly communicate with the Project Implementation Team for project update and prepare Project Progress and Final Reports ensuring quality donor reporting is completed by submission deadlines;
• Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements by updating the project staff; • Update project staff and Finance department for donor financial requirements; • Update and manage project document filing and storing (both physical and Online Google Drive, Worksheet);
• Participate in field visits to oversee projects’ progress and gain understanding of the local development needs.
iii. Team Management: 15 % of time
• Set, monitor and evaluate targets to ensure the team is meeting objectives • Manage and structure a team of specialists, ensuring consistent, on-time delivery • Hold weekly one-on-ones, conduct performance reviews, analyze individual KPIs and assess promotion readiness to help each contributor evolve in their roles
• Work with the Senior Leadership to gauge and monitor team engagement and implement solutions to create a transparent, collaborative and productive work environment • Provide mentorship and development opportunities to team members, catalyzing growth through coaching and team building
• Assess current and future team resource needs while developing talent that can scale with the needs of the business
• Work with Senior Leadership to establish the Resource Plan for the direct team • Collaborate with Senior Leadership to establish the short-term objectives for the department and ensure teams are engaged towards achieving the department’s missions.
• Actively participate in building an atmosphere of openness, honesty, respect, and collaboration across the Marketing department.
iv. Networking: 5 % of time
• Build and maintain good relationships with donors by attending different donor meetings, seminars and conferences;
• Follow up with donors after attending meetings;
• Continue liaison with donors for future funding opportunities;
• Scope funding opportunities that arise out of networking with donors.
v. Others 5% of time
• Contribute in developing and updating organizational documents
• Assign work and manage the performance of the team’s interns;
• Keep the organizational software updated of the current and future work in hand • Complete administrative tasks of the team
• Maintain all the login credentials of various fundraising portals and donor sites • Ensure renewal of key donor portal registration
• Assist different departments of the organization when necessary.
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.