● Manager as a role model: embody JAAGO’s values daily, and be a role model.
● Manager as a coach for meaning: understand the strategy, make it explicit, translate it into operational objectives for their team, and lead the necessary changes. Give meaning to each management action. Encourage inter and intradepartmental exchanges of practice. Encourage innovation and risk-taking.
● Operational manager: organize the operational management of their team, structure the workaround identified processes, steer performance and facilitate the resolution of problems.
● First HR & Coach: contribute to the development of their staff, creating the conditions for their commitment, professionalism, and attachment to JAAGO. Ensure compliance with the code of conduct and institutional policies, the mindset, and expected individual and collective behavior.
Strategy and Steering:
● Contribute to the development of the project’s operational strategy
● Contribute to project or JAAGO operational strategy.
● Draft new project proposals for the continuity or expansion of the project.
● Contribute to drafting new proposals for new opportunities, if necessary.
Responsibility 1: Ensure the implementation of the project is in line with the logical framework and allocated budget
● Steer the project’s intervention strategy and put forward adjustments if the objectives change or if it is likely that they will not be met.
● Ensure that activities and the associated resources are planned, and implement the action plan.
● Ensure that activities are implemented in line with the project proposal and the allocated budget.
● Ensure project reporting internally (within the program) and externally (reporting to funding bodies, authorities, and partners).
● Undertake expenditure and manage the project activity-specific budget lines according to the delegation he/she received based on the approved budget.
● Prepare and manage partnerships with the project implementation partners.
● Guarantee the proper archiving of information.
Responsibility 2: Ensure that project implementation complies with the existing frameworks
● Ensure the proper implementation and follow-up of organizational policies (specifically Code of Conduct, PSEA, and Disability inclusion policies) and the other JAAGO internal standards.
● Ensure compliance with the terms of the project proposal and the rules applied by the project funding body/bodies.
Responsibility 3: Ensure project monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning
● Ensure project monitoring, specifically activity progress indicators and the expected outcomes.
● Develop and implement the project evaluation plan.
● Ensure that the project is accountable to the local stakeholders.
● Ensure project learning, taking into account lessons learned from similar previous projects, following the recommendations made throughout the project (from evaluations, support missions, audits, etc.), and capitalizing on the acquired knowledge.
Responsibility 4: Ensure project data management
● Ensure that data related to the project is collected and compiled in the project database.
● Carry out regular checks and makes any necessary corrections to the activity database.
Responsibility 5: Coordinate the teams involved in the project
● Facilitate coordination meetings between his/her direct team and the support teams located in the project area regularly.
● Ensure that his/her team and the support teams (shared and technical teams, in particular) work well together to facilitate the implementation of the project.
● Facilitate the project management committee.
Responsibility 6: Contribute to external project communication
● Contribute to JAAGO’s external influence by taking part in networks, when required.
● Communicate about the project to partners, authorities, and stakeholders when relevant.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
● Lead the emergency preparedness actions in his/her department and, in the event of an emergency, reorganize the priorities of his/her team according to the humanitarian priority to ensure a quick and efficient response by JAAGO.
● Ensure that the required technical expertise for his/her project, Inclusive Education, is mobilized so that international technical norms and standards are met, the necessary documentation is developed, and the field team is trained.
● Attend to other requests and projects as assigned by the Project Focal.
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.