• Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors.
• Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the C.O.O; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
• Establishes effective accounting and bookkeeping systems and procedures and oversees accounting services.
• Establishes and implements internal controls, and administrative systems, policies and procedures to ensure that project’s day-to-day operational activities are efficient and effective, and are in-line with approved strategic initiatives and budgetary allocations.
• Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
• Prepare budgets and reports on expenditure for donors by set deadlines.
• Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
• Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to management.
• Coordinate regularly with the finance team at JAAGO HQ, providing timely updates on finance matters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manage day-to-day administrative functions including procurement and transportation. Enforce the policies and procedures of the organization. Make sure that procurements are done in compliance with the set policies and procedures.
• Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the project requires.
• Responsible for all matters related to the operations and administration of the project.
• Manage and maintain inventory ledger and make sure that donors guidelines are followed in the regard.
• Assist the Project Focal and Manager for Admin and Finance and in other Management issues.
• Supervise the project vehicles, drivers and messengers as per JAAGO & Govt. rules and regulations.
• Perform any other duties assigned by the JAAGO, and Project Manager.
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards education and social mobilization for the underprivileged masses of Bangladesh. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in remote areas of Bangladesh. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.