- This event has passed.
Sr. Officer – Fundraising & Grants Management
Brief description of JAAGO Foundation:
JAAGO Foundation is a civil society organization (CSO) working towards the education and social mobilization for Bangladesh’s underprivileged masses. Its mission to fight poverty, JAAGO pioneered a Free-of-Cost International Standard School for underprivileged children in Bangladesh’s remote areas. JAAGO’s Youth Development Program focuses on national development via the reallocation of skills and resources to foster self – reliance and growth in every young citizen.
Position Title: Sr. Officer, Fundraising & Grants Management Department
- Support proposal development through coordinating the establishment of proposal development working groups of key staff within the organization and ensuring key actions are delegated;
- Use the Log frame tool effectively for developing Concept Note and Project Proposal;
- Identify the project proposal development schedule at the concept note/proposal stage and coordinating with the relevant staff to ensure deadlines are met;
- Assist in making budgets with the support of Program heads and Finance department;
- Conduct donor research and analyses donor funding trend to match donor focus with JAAGO’s priority programme themes in Bangladesh;
- Facilitate the process of signing contracts with the donors;
- Facilitate occasional visits of donors when necessary;
- Collect information, edit and finalize Project Progress and Final Reports with the support from project implementation teams and ensuring quality donor reporting is completed by submission deadlines;
- Ensure compliance with donor reporting requirements by updating the project staff;
- Update and manage project document filing and storing (both physical and Online- Google Drive, Dropbox);
- Participate in occasional field visits to oversee projects’ progress and understand the local development needs.
- Provide support to the team members during the implementation phase of the projects.
- Follow up with donors after attending meetings
- Scope funding opportunities that arise out of networking with donors.
Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a relevant field (Social Sciences, Development Studies, Economics, or equivalent).
Minimum 2-3 years experience in I/NGO or development sector.
Area of Experience:
Prior work experience in fundraising and managing institutional donors’ grants; donor reporting and compliance; research, monitoring and evaluation; maintaining databases will get preference.
- Excellent writing and spoken English and Bangla;
- Good organization skills;
- Competent computer skills, especially MS-Word, Ms-Excel and MS- PowerPoint;
- Strong understanding of the grant management process of institutional donors;
- Ability to manage complex tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Salary: BDT 30,000 – 35,000 per month
Other Benefits: Bonuses, Provident Fund, Weekly 2 Holidays
Office Time: Sunday-Thursday (10 am – 6 pm)
If you are interested and meet all the criteria, then please APPLY HERE
Application Deadline: April 28, 2021
JAAGO Foundation is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.